Photo
Starting work on the press head. I had three pieces I needed lined up so I tried superglue for the first time. It worked really well and held the three while drilling and easily separated with a hammer tap after. Removing the glue was the worst part, quite smelly when I sanded it off.

Starting work on the press head. I had three pieces I needed lined up so I tried superglue for the first time. It worked really well and held the three while drilling and easily separated with a hammer tap after. Removing the glue was the worst part, quite smelly when I sanded it off.

Photo
Painted the frame and installed the hydraulic cylinder. 

Painted the frame and installed the hydraulic cylinder. 

Photoset

My latest pole lathe turned apple bowl. This is about as small a bowl I can make with the hook tools we forged. If I want to smaller, I’ll need some more tools. :)

http://www.facebook.com/MadeByVMWorks

Photo
Local smith Grant Stromgren who I met through the Guild of Metal Smiths stopped by the shop the other day to try out my treadle hammer. He was trying to make a decision on weather to buy the same hammer kit that I built. It didn’t take him long to swing I’m into the yes category.
http://www.facebook.com/MadeByVMWorks

Local smith Grant Stromgren who I met through the Guild of Metal Smiths stopped by the shop the other day to try out my treadle hammer. He was trying to make a decision on weather to buy the same hammer kit that I built. It didn’t take him long to swing I’m into the yes category.

http://www.facebook.com/MadeByVMWorks

Photo
My first set of fullering dies for the treadle hammer. These worked better than I expected, they really moved a lot of material.
http://www.facebook.com/MadeByVMWorks

My first set of fullering dies for the treadle hammer. These worked better than I expected, they really moved a lot of material.

http://www.facebook.com/MadeByVMWorks

Photo
The upper press and the new table are finally together! I ended up using a extra piece of 1/4 stainless I had laying around for the table top so its nice and shiny right now.
http://www.facebook.com/MadeByVMWorks

The upper press and the new table are finally together! I ended up using a extra piece of 1/4 stainless I had laying around for the table top so its nice and shiny right now.

http://www.facebook.com/MadeByVMWorks

Photo
The pump motor and tank layout. Its a tight fit but fits under the press perfectly.
http://www.facebook.com/MadeByVMWorks

The pump motor and tank layout. Its a tight fit but fits under the press perfectly.

http://www.facebook.com/MadeByVMWorks

Photo
The weather has been perfect for firing up the forge. I took a break from building the press and made some more samples to bring out to a job proposal later this week.
http://www.facebook.com/MadeByVMWorks

The weather has been perfect for firing up the forge. I took a break from building the press and made some more samples to bring out to a job proposal later this week.

http://www.facebook.com/MadeByVMWorks

Photo
Apple shavings on the pole lathe … .
http://www.facebook.com/MadeByVMWorks

Apple shavings on the pole lathe … .

http://www.facebook.com/MadeByVMWorks

Photo
New leaf designs.
http://www.facebook.com/MadeByVMWorks